The client is a cooperative (~ 50 Members) for micro finance and production of local products and healthy food from agricultural raw materials. The manufacturing branch struggles to grow the production of pickled vegetables in jars, which today is imported. First own product samples were well received by consumers and the product could be registered. Now the client required guidance and advise on how to set up his own manufacture to process vegetables on a bigger scale, including necessary equipment, investment proposals and how to manage supply from farmers, by taking into account the seasonality.
- review and assess actual status of cooperative company set up
- find potential reliable farmers for fresh vegetable supplies
- advise how to set up simple production facility for pickled vegetable
- investigate possibilities for own production of vinegar
- produce product for authorities and sampling (min. 3 different varieties)
- advise about required equipment, investments needs and costing
The actual cooperative set up was reviewed and a proposal for a new private company was agreed on with the client for implementation. Potential vegetable growers, with the capability to supply have been found and options have been evaluated for temporary storage due to seasonality. A small production run with 3 varieties helped to resolve earlier identified Net weight issues during the jar filling process. The client has received a priority action/work list for required equipment and the set up of a small facility, which he is very committed to follow. He has started already.