The client is a well known 65 room boutique hotel in Kathmandu and well located in the business district. Because of the corona crisis, the staff numbers were reduced from 84 (in 2018) to 60.
Due to the reduction in business the management decided to invest the time into upgrading the Cloud 9 Concept. The main focus was to re-engineer the process in the F & B areas to create a more efficient flow and increase the productivity. This was the second SEC assignment for this client.
- Re-engineer the kitchen layout and work flow to meet the required
- efficiency and Hygiene regulations.
- Restaurant buffet layout and various recommendations
- Cloud 9 kitchen layout and recommendations.
- Bakery: Implementation of a “pre half-baked bread product” system.
- Concept of frozen food handling, menu planning and recipe costing.
The client selected the proposed kitchen layout which will move the butchery section outside to a new location, relocate the cold kitchen section and enlarge the dish and pot washing area. The buffet will be redesigned by a kitchen planner and a feasibility study will be requested.
Cloud 9 Project kitchen amendment has been taken into consideration and the work should be finished on schedule.
Implementation of the new Bakery Production system (after fine tuning and adjusted recipes) will be done.
Implementation of the proposed work flow and food thawing procedure has been put in place.