Family farm of four brothers and sisters with double purpose: producing milk and meat. The milk production is rather low with some 550 litres per day from 200 dairy cows. The client has approached the SEC for assistance in achieving a higher efficiency, better quality of the products and introduction of the technical methods.
- Recommend better techniques based on the knowledge of the situation in the field
- Upskilling of the employees in handling the cattle and the farm in general
After inspecting different pastures, accompanying workers cutting gras, observing the milking process and talking to employees, a list of proposals concerning the following subjects was set up:
- Better techniques in using the pastures and fields and in breeding
- Efficient employment of the workers
- Development of added-value products