Becoming an SEC Expert
Would you like to support companies abroad voluntarily as an expert? The Senior Expert Contact (SEC) is a voluntary program which undertakes short-term assignments in developing countries and Eastern Europe. We recruit only experienced professionals for between 2 and 12 weeks. The assignment is voluntary and there is no financial compensation.
To be accepted as an SEC expert, you should meet the following criteria:
- Extensive professional experience
- Specialised know-how
- Foreign language skills
- Good health
- Openness to different cultures and people
- Participation in SEC information and training events
- Willingness to prepare and follow up on assignments
- Age limit is 80 years
If you are interested in an assignment, please contact us so we can send you detailed documentation. If, after reading these documents, you would like to register with the SEC, please fill out the Personalfile on the right in your mother tongue and the Curriculum Vitae in all your working languages (D, F, E and SP) and send them back to us by e-mail. Complete your application with a recent passport picture and send it to us by e-mail or ordinary mail.
Two or three times a year, we invite newly appointed Senior Experts to an SEC information day. The information day is taking place in Switzerland and must be attended by all experts before conducting a first SEC assignment.
Please send us the form only if you are interested in conducting a voluntary unpaid assignment.
Current expert search
We are always looking for retired experts from all professions. The following sectors are currently in high demand: online marketing and social media, business consultancy, food (food technology, dairy industry, meat processing, bakery products) as well as experts from all industries with knowledge of Spanish.
Currently we are searching:
- Chef or food technologist, specialized in pickles and preserves
- Expert “Digital Marketing” for video producer (also possible in English)
- Baker with good knowledge of brown bread, including gluten- and sugar-free recipes
- Expert “Digital Marketing” for carpentry training centre
- Specialist for Button Mushrooms
- Food technologist, possibly specialized in cereals
- Tailor with in-depth knowledge of entrepreneurship and education
Any questions? Click here and
contact us! Your SEC-Team