The client is a fruit farmer with a large orchard, mainly fruit
production such as peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries, plums.
The company intends to stand out from the competition with innovations such as new fruit varieties and modern cultivation techniques. At the moment, they are concentrating on the local Georgian market, although export may definitely be possible in the future.
- Imparting practical knowledge about tree pruning techniques
- Transferring practical knowledge on water balance optimisation
- Imparting theoretical and practical knowledge on the fruit thinning
(regulation of fruit hangings), to increase fruits quality
- Imparting practical knowledge on the use of fertilizer by soil and leaf
- Imparting practical knowledge about improvement of fruit quality
- Imparting theoretical and practical knowledge on application technology in crop protection
During two weeks, the expert imparted theoretical and practical knowledge about pruning the various types of fruit as well as fertilization via the soil and the leaf. Recommendation of the fruit hanging regulation to increase the fruit quality during the harvest was given. This was implemented immediately. The client is very interested and would be glad to welcome the expert again for a follow-up assignment.