The client is a women empowerment organisation which works with over 2,000 small scale coffee farmers. The organisation believes that the economic empowerment of women is a vital component in improving local producer’s livelihoods and ensuring sustainable community development.
- Coffee value chain and marketing
- To increase coffee production and to make the coffee processing factory more economical
- Linking the organisation to potential international coffee roasters
- The farmers received training in coffee pruning and have been adviced on how to maintain coffee trees during dry periods
- The coffee factory was redesigned and once in operation will be able to process at least twice as much coffee. This will generate more income and new jobs for women. It will also boost the possibilities for marketing this speciality coffee internationally
- There are signs of interest from a roasting company in Switzerland to buy this tpye of coffee