The client assists the CTBP in its aim to increase jobs and income in the South of Laos through a more competitive and sustainable tourism sector.
One of the tasks in particular is to strengthen tourism-cycling activities all over the four provinces (Champasak, Sekong, Salavan and Attapeu) in Southern Laos.
Built onto the work and results of the previous assignment (July 2015) and support the further development of the cycling visitor flow in Champasak province, in particular :
- improve online information and presence of cycling related information for the destination Southern Laos.
- build awareness amongst local tourism stakeholders on where to find and how to promote cycling tours.
- liaise with Lao based and international tour companies which offer cycling tours to promote building in Champasak into their itineries.
- An awareness on possibilities of cycling tours by the main stakeholders has been established by Mr. Ruch.
- Some travel agencies, hotels and transportation companies were assisted to build up infrastructure for cycling and offers of tours (self guided or accompanied) for individual bikers as well as for small groups.
- A free cycling map has been developed, produced and distributed in Southern Laos. The cycling part of the webpage (www.southern-laos.com) was enhanced and enlarged with new tours.