UPESS is a private school in the rural area of Nuwakot, Nepal. with nearly 500 students from Nursery to grade 10, and 23 teachers. 30 girls and 68 boys live in the nearby temporary tin houses, because the original hostel was destroyed during the devastating earthquake in 2015.
– Class visits including feedback to the teachers
– Teacher trainings, workshops, introducing new teaching material
– Consulting the principal and the school board
– Introducing a new programming language in computer classes
– Teaching different classes about the Swiss education system
The teachers were very interested in the different workshops (revision of the previous assignment, motivation, teaching styles, teaching methods, introduction of new teaching materials, teaching english, science and maths, games, education in Switzerland).