The client is a smaller public school outside Kathmandu. Based on the pictures received, the school appears to be well equipped. The school is run by a principal and a management team. The teachers in the upper school are professionally well trained; however, some only work part-time because they still teach at other schools. When they work online, most teachers maintain the traditional Nepali lecturing style.
Observation of teacher’s pedagogical and methodological behaviour in on-line classes including written feedback. Periodic intensive trainings in groups. Development of teaching resources. Curriculum design and implementation.
- About 40 online class visits at all levels of the school. including written feedbacks
- 4 general meetings (1. our ideas, 2. lesson Planning, 3. the Swiss education system, 4. good teacher-good teaching)
- One workshop each for Maths and Science teachers
- About 20 documents with new ideas for activities sent to all teachers by email
- Several WhatsApp meetings with the principal
- Based on our observations, only a few teachers implemented our suggestions. The principal was always friendly and promised a lot, but did not make enough effort to implement our suggestions and to control it afterwards.