Small family farm with a nursery, producing 2200 Kiwi plants as well 1500 kg of Kiwi fruits per year. In the 2015 earthquake, the family home was lost, and the family lived over four years in a polytunnel. Obviously, all their efforts were focused on the construction of a new house. That is why the farm business was in need of support. Luckily, the 29-year-old son has decided to later take over the farm and acts now as farm manager.
– Agronomical and technical aspects, like plant nutrition, irrigation and renewal of the Kiwi fruit production plot
– Management tools for economic, financial as well as labour planning and recording
– Strategies to broaden the income potential of the farm
Remote support was possible because both experts had previously carried out assignments on site. They knew the family as well as the situation. Positive outcomes:
- Irrigation system repaired and now fully functioning
- Fertilization plan based on soil test elaborated
- Replanting of Kiwi fruit production plot planned
- French drainage system for wet areas studied
- Economic, financial as well as labour planning and recording tools introduced
- Broad ideas of future development discussed.