The client is a private school located in the rural outskirts of Kathmandu (close to the airport) with about 500 students. The infrastructure and equipment at the school is rather poor and the education level of the teachers is rather low. Especially in pre-primary classes, the education of the teachers and their lack of English hinders child-friendly teaching. However, the principal and the school board (owners of the school) are willing to change many things to promote a better learning environment.
- Daily class visits in all pre-primary and primary classes up to grade 3
- Daily workshops for the pre-primary teachers
- Preparing new teaching materials
- 4 sessions with the school board
- Many talks with the school management
As a result of my observations and suggestions the principal and the school board promised to build a new building for the pre-primary section next year.
For the moment they installed a new storeroom for the teaching materials.
In order to upgrade the English standard of the pre-primary teachers they started offering English classes after school.