The client is a well established small scale producer of healthy snacks with a capacity of 10 t/month and workforce of 15 people (of which 75% women). The products are sold in supermarkets, duty free and tourist shops. The focus is on local hygienic processing and healthy quality snacks. The company has received a government’s certificate for its GMP (Good Manufacturing Achievements) and serves as a role model for small, family food producers. With a young and dynamic team, the company is growing fast and required assistance to support the planned growth efficiently.
- Review and improve actual production process to support growth
- Improve productivity and labor efficiency as well as production yield
- Training of management and staff to adopt effective leadership skills and operational effectiveness
- Support improvement initiatives and efficiency projects to achieve growth
- A list of points of actual production with improvement suggestions was compiled and discussed
- Action plans and small projects were drawn up for implementation
- Management tools to be implemented in daily work were discussed
- In order to change the work culture, simple work slogans were created and posted on notice boards and t-shirts for all staff printed with the message: “Make it easy to do better” and “Do it right the first time”
- Instruction and training sessions were given with documents and many technical examples introduced to increase efficiency and capacity.